Please introduce yourself to all your Italian fans (name, age, & place of birth).
Hello, my name is BROOKLYN. I was born on November 20th, 1999 in Bangkok, Thailand and travelled a bit as a child. I went to school in Canada before coming back to Seoul for my career as a singer. My company is Masefield Entertainment, my fans are called ‘BUTTERFLIES’, and I am thrilled to be on this journey with everyone!
2. Where did the idea of being an idol come from?
I have been singing since I was quite young. When I began to grow my taste in music, I learned the feeling of “finding your favorite”. This was a very powerful feeling to me, and I wanted to share that emotion with the world.
3. If you had the chance to collaborate with a solo artist or a group, who would it be?
I would love to collaborate with Jackson Wang, CHUNGHA, and JONGHO from ATEEZ!
4. Who’s your biggest inspiration or model you follow?
Because I am not in a group, I look up to Michael Jackson a lot these days.
5. What is the last song you listened to?
GOT THAT BOOM – SECRET NUMBER
6. What is music for you?
Music is seeing with my eyes closed! I hope that people can feel that when they listen to my music.
7. Have you been writing songs lately?
Yes. When I write a song, I also think a lot about the complete concept even if the song cannot receive a M/V.
8. Are you happy right now? If so, what makes you this way?
I am happy, because I am fortunate to have support and to be creating works that I am proud of.
9. Have you ever been to Italy before? What do you know about this country? And what do you like most about it?
I have not visited Italy yet, actually. But Italy is one of my biggest influences due to the history of classical music, fashion, and of course, fast cars!
10. Do you have any hobbies? What are they?
Aside from singing, I enjoy acting, drawing portraits of people, and photography. I use my talents to contribute to my music concepts. I also love computers and playing some video games.
11. Would you leave South Korea to live a different musical experience abroad?
I can’t imagine it at the moment, but I am open to many things. My priority will always be my fans.
12. What is your biggest dream?
My biggest dream is to perform at Madison Square Garden!
13. Do you have any fears? If so, what are they?
I am afraid of some spiders. I also don’t want to ever let my fans down.
14. Was there ever a moment when you thought about giving up and not making it?
I don’t like to quit or give up. So far, the best moments of my life have happened because I didn’t give up, and I am confident that I will make many more happy memories with my BUTTERFLIES in the future.
15. What makes you special?
My fans have told me it’s my voice.
16. Define yourself in three words.
EMOZIONE. PASSIONE. SCORPIO.
17. How was your passion for music born?
When I was little, I thought that words and pictures were not always enough to tell stories and express emotions. People can understand me better through my music and my voice than only speaking.
18. How do you feel when you meet your fans?
To me, the feeling is similar to seeing friends after a long time, even if I never met them before.
19. Do you prefer to dance or sing?
My preference is singing because that is my first instrument. But when I sing, it is very difficult for me to sit still, so I always love to dance.
20. How did you feel when you knew you were about to debut?
Optimistic and a little bit relieved!
21. What kind of style would you like to try for your next comeback?
I am interested in a futuristic concept. I think it would be fun to film!
22. ‘IMAGINE’ or “YOUNG LOVE’?
To be honest, even though some of my fans know me from YOUNG LOVE first, I knew I wanted to do IMAGINE before that. So I choose IMAGINE!
23. What do you expect from your comeback?
First, I hope my fans really enjoy it! That is my top priority. Second, I hope the efforts from myself and my team allow me to explore and share new ideas with the public in the future.
24. What do you want to convey to fans with your music?
I want my fans to find an escape through my music. For this reason, my concepts usually have a lot of fantasy and not much reality.
25. Coronavirus is a disease that hit the whole world and also Italy in a violent way. Has it changed your life in any way? If so, how?
As an entertainer, it impacted my schedules a lot and changed how I work in many ways. However, I did not feel struggling. For me, seeing the whole world face a difficult time gave me even more purpose to do my best to help others through my work. In a way, helping others also me helps navigate dark times.
26. To all your fans that in this moment are concerned because of the virus, would you leave an encouraging message to help them face this awful situation?
Please do not give up, please love and support each other, and always take every day one step at a time. I love you all, and I can’t wait until we can all really be together again.
Full name: Brooklyn Juliana
Stage name: BROOKLYN (브루클린)
Birthday: November 20th, 1999
Nationality & Ethnicity: Korean
Place of birth: Bangkok, Thailand (his parents lived there temporarily for business)
Languages spoken: Korean, English, Japanese
Fandom name: ‘Butterflies’
BROOKLYN has been singing his entire life and trained with legendary vocal coaches since a young age. BROOKLYN was scouted by MASEFIELD ENTERTAINMENT at a 2017 music festival in Seoul. MASEFIELD was looking to debut a solo act and knew that BROOKLYN had amazing potential as a soloist. BROOKLYN signed to MASEFIELD as a trainee in 2017. After 2 years of training, he made his solo debut with ‘YOUNG LOVE’ in August 2019 (https://youtu.be/aTdTexNpjh0). Due to COVID-19, promotional activities for BROOKLYN’s debut were unfortunately cut short and his comeback was severely delayed.
BROOKLYN had several performance opportunities during his training period. Prior to his debut, BROOKLYN performed in Los Angeles, Vancouver, Lyon, Paris, and throughout Seoul. He was a main act at Vancouver K-Pop Con 2018 alongside Amber Liu (f(x)) and A.C.E. In Spring 2019, BROOKLYN was the headlining act for Korea Days, the biggest Korean Festival in France.
NEW SINGLE – IMAGINE: